Saturday, May 16, 2009

The forgotten blog

Yes, I've been neglecting my blog. Though we compulsively add to our dvd collection, I rarely seem to find time to watch anything because a) we only start watching films at 9.45pm - so I have to go to bed before the end - and b) Herr Roberts and I have very different ideas of what makes an enjoyable cinematic experience. We made a deal that Friday would be movie night and we'd take it in turns to choose a film - enriching and strengthening our relationship by sharing things that meant so much to us.
Started with his first choice: Million dollar baby, which I enjoyed very much. Ended with my first choice: The women (original 1939 version), which I enjoyed very much and of which Kim saw only a fraction of the opening credits before falling into a bored stupor.
Film nights = over

No comments: