Thursday, July 2, 2009

The winter night is deep

Well I've had an interesting time over the past few weeks, being my unique individual self. Yep, had a med change and got, well, a trifle enthusiastic. Poor Mr C. was a tower of strength and I truly drove him to distraction. I took up residence on the couch, watched back to back anime and refused to shower. I was grumpy as all hell: fractious, touchy and difficult. You should see all the blog entries I didn't post. Tomorrow we go to a funeral. A friend's partner died in very sad circumstances. I never met the partner (one of those things we were always going to do) but I'm there to support my friend. She's an old one of Kim's but a new one for me and I like her and want to be there for her - at the funeral and in the time to come. It's hard not to let this be overshadowed by my very personal reaction. My relationship is young - about a year and a half! - but oh how important to me. I think what it would be like, knowing that tomorrow you were going to bury your companion. Mr C. and I bug the hell out of each other. We snap and are rude and voices get most definitely raised. But he's MY person to annoy, to make watch the tennis, to keep awake with my snoring, to clear up all the cold cups of tea I leave around the house.

So, tomorrow. I will hug my friend. I wil be there for her, as strong and generous and loving as I can be. And I will hold Kim's hand very tight.

1 comment:

PROUD WOMAN said...

sad times woman...

but i remember a time when i felt that way about brann... ahh, 'young' love...