Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A cautionary tale

I was on the phone to my mum last night (she's just back from Broome). I was also playing with a new hair styling tool: a very unfamiliar and very hot marcel iron. In the future, I would probably not attempt to do these two things at the same time. A girl can not talk about mud crabs and set her hair in waves. Ladies! If you choose to go down this path you are likely to burn!
Do not do as I have done! Your forehead will be burnt to a crisp! The marcel iron, you see, has three barrels. This leads to a very stylish art deco zig zag of a burn. I look like Harry Potter. Or Hester Pryne. I had to wear my hair down today, artfully arranging a sweep of locks across my forehead. Which meant that I had absolutely no peripheral vision. And my second - mud crab conversation free - attempt at waving my hair left it looking no different than my own exuberant curls. It just smelled a bit singed. Oy vey!

4 comments:

PROUD WOMAN said...

you have such luxuriant, beautiful hair though - we don't see it down enough - my mother would have killed for your curls on my head - she was a big 'curly-pet' fan - along with eating crusts - and you should have seen the curling irons - they heated on an open flame - oooh, deadly and scary!!!!!

donnasoowho said...

Dear me. It is rather funny though. I burned my ear on my hair straightners one day when I went a bit to close to the scalp - it didn't leave a mark but it HURT!

larrythelibrarian said...

hey kitty as Oscar Wilde once said ...you would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh LOL

Sailor Lily said...

um- please stay clear of eye-lash curlers, OK?