Friday, December 4, 2009

What I want for Christmas...

Well this week has been a shocker. To all those unmedicated folks down St Kilda way - thanks for dropping by the library, it's been great seeing you. My little old Jack cat seems to be getting a bit furry brained. He's the one with FIV and over the last few days he's been going bald (strangely, the rest of his fur is absolutely lovely and silky smooth), forgetting where he lives and taking up to an hour to decide if he wants to sit on the bed (this last bit is actually darned annoying and it's hard to remain patient with him). He seems happy enough, just old.

So, to turn to thoughts of a finer life, here are some of the things I'm dreaming of this Christmas. Actually this is going to be a shamelessly materialistic post because I'm a bit tired and emotional and pretty grumpy that I have to work tomorrow.

Freddie's of Pinewood dungarees. I don't care what anyone else says about them, I think she looks cute as a button in these overalls. Sadly, old Freddie has let me down somewhat in the delivery of items department so it may be a while before I give them another go.

Now this one is never going to happen but I do like to dream of the day I can look as great as the naughty Bernie Dexter. Cherries = yum!

Must have a thing for retro denim at the moment! I have a pair of these trousers in a soft grey fabric - I just happen to be between sizes and my first pair were GIGANTOR so I had to get a smaller size. Now I'm waiting on whittling my waist a little before I can wear them. I try them on every week and I'm getting there! It's my one goal in life...

I want a snood. I really really want one. Because I am lazy and I like the idea of just shoving my hair in one of these. This number's made by a little old lady in England whose grandma showed her the pattern during the war.

The de Havilland blouse based on a pattern from the late 30s - a wonderful era for shirts. I love shirts so much more than t-shirts. Except that you have to iron them. Though it's probably no secret that I don't iron ANYTHING.

You know what else I want? Shortbread. Masses and masses of lovely shortbread. I used to think that I liked really cheap and nasty shortbread. Indeed, I've been known to down a whole packet of a night (Coles sell some for $1.90 a box!) That was until I had some shortbread made for me. O my!

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

I didn't know you had a dungarees fetish. I used to have some.. and after I got sick of them I loaned them a friend to wear as maternity gear. I suspect my granny could help you out with the snood... although not sure if all her creativity has been sapped now living in the old folks home.

You're in luck on the Shortbread front - I happen to know where you can get lots and lots!

PROUD WOMAN said...

you did seem to 'cop them all' this week kitty... and it's that time of the year - a good time to hibernate if you could - urghhhh - not looking forward to the next few weeks...

and i also used to wear overalls - they were big in the 70s - anything denim was...

any my nan used to make the best shortbread - it just melted in your mouth... memories...