Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feasty!

Had dinner with the Soo family on Friday at favourite restaunt Kamel. We had the banquet no.1 with dips and meatballs and cous cous and chicken and all sorts of yummy things. I had a big banquet belly afterwards! Had a lazy weekend reading and watching a ridiculous WWII film, Bombadier. Finished bio of Maskelyne - a ripper of a story but written as faction, so a bit annoyed that he invented thoughts and emotions - no bibliography, no references so difficult to know which bits were made up which sort of casts the whole story in doubt. Maskelyne was one of the many camofleurs who created fake armies in the Middle Eastern campaigns - fake tanks, fake soldiers, fake harbours and submarines. Amazing but I think I'll look for another bio. Reading an absolutely horrid young adult title at the moment - lots of cannibalism and violence and I don't know how much more I can stomach. A real nasty piece of work.

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

You know I'd been expecting to be much more full after dinner on Friday but I wasn't!

Anonymous said...

Am soooo jealous re Kamel.
Tell me name of book and move.Mum