Thursday, February 11, 2010

Meal, interrupted

Had a last minute dinner engagement with the Gala family, meeting up at local cafe Wallah. Turns out that this is an extremely bad choice of venues for a five month old baby. All a little bit too loud and chaotic for everyone. I did enjoy the food though. I had a pita pocket with chicken shaslick, tabbouli, tahina (realised that I don't know how to spell these things) and extra pickles. Man their pickles are good!
Gala, Lovely Lena and me
In the two weeks since I saw her last, baby Gala's hair has changed colour - go figure. The poor darling had a big day with her first trip to childcare and Wallah just seemed to be just a little bit too much for her. It's a little disconcerting when your dinner companions keep jumping up and down to do baby duty - though I think they were very considerate and spent a lot of time with her outside so as to give the other patrons a break! (oh, and to settle her down of course!) So, lesson learned. It was a relief for everyone to get outside and go for a walk to the park at the end of our street. Gala absolutely adores Mr C and could stare at him for hours, so he's always a big hit. I'm a bit more nervous!
Another hot day so I wore my tea dress to work. Makes me feel like a real girly girl.

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

Love the dress lady!

Anonymous said...

Dress is divine.
M