Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Domestic update

I've been gearing up for an autumnal fashion spectacular but now Melbourne's thrown us an Indian summer and it's just impossible to think of gloves and woollies at this stage. I have been delighted to come across fashion inspiration of a sort - it's paper dolls! Bobbins and Bombshells has this fabulous 1940s set. I would love to dress with this much style! I used to play with paper dolls when I was young and I absolutely adored them.

We have new neighbours and they are already driving me dotty. Two hapless Gen Ys with a little fluffy dog (interesting to see what the cats make of that!) They are doing the most half arsed, feckless job of moving in. I swear it has taken them three weeks already. I'm of half a mind to march over there and take control. At this rate it will be spring before they get into the place. Most ineffectual.

Other domestic news, my former housemate from the Jessie Street days, Jo, has had a baby. I'm looking forward to seeing little Daisy. Former neighbour Juanique moved to Singapore today. So happy sad.

Lots of library books came in for me today so I'm looking forward to the Easter holiday. Lots of lovely reading! Several histories of the British thriller. Yay! As long as they're not like to Marxist one...

Here's a sneak peek of my autumn wardrobe, a new Rocket Original fairisle jumper, modelled by the lovely Fleur de Guerre. Sneak peek because it arrived today and I've discovered I've bought the wrong size. Sigh. So that parcel will be heading back to London.

And I've still got a tummy bug.

3 comments:

Sailor Lily said...

oh the paper dolls are just too sweet! I bags the pajamas and the rose hued dressing gown, perfect for couch reads and cups of tea of a winter's eve...

donnasoowho said...

Oh I used to make paper dolls clothes all the time!! Have you still got a tummy bug? BOO!! Will we walk on Saturday? Although you'll have to come over and see our new windows at some point ;-)

Curvy Kitty said...

Oh. Right. Gen Y. Have now corrected post so that it makes sense. Whoops a daisy!