I'll start with the nerdy part of the post. You’ve got to love resource sharing in libraries. I know this probably doesn’t sound all that thrilling for most of you but think, I can get pretty much anything I want from any library within Australia or New Zealand, be it a national, state, academic or public library – for FREE! This is fantastic if you want to track down an original edition of 1940s pulp fiction, an obscure turn of the century French mystery, or a classic movie only ever released on vhs – all things I have requested and received.
My current inter library loan joy is cds; in particular, songs of the war years. I’ve managed to track down such wonderful titles as….
- We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
- Shh, it's a military secret
- Obey your air warden
- This is the army, Mr. Jones
- Comin' in on a wing and a prayer
- Captain of the clouds
- I left my heart at the stage door canteen
- He wears a pair of silver wings
- The deepest shelter in town
- Cleanin' my rifle (and dreamin' of you)
Other frivolous news: I finally got an order from Freddie’s of Pinewood. F of P and I haven’t had much luck together but as they’ve a new postal method and as I simply couldn’t resist their outfits, I just had to give them another go. And behold! My new F of P jeans and top!
As soon as I get around to putting a mp3 widget on the blog I'll share some of my new music with you.