Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Curvy Kitty, Private Eye!

I forgot to tell you the most exciting thing: today I foiled the plans of a thief in the library! Just like Nancy Drew!


Someone had a wallet stolen and after about half an hour of urging they finally went to the police station. Moments later the police turn up to get my side of the story. They asked if we'd seen a particular person (hereafter known as The Perp) and we had. Half an hour later I get another complaint about an attempted theft. The Perp was still in the building! I called the police from our cordless phone and tailed her (expertly) around the library. And there she was, bold as brass, riffling through people's prams and bags. In the middle of this I got asked a reference question about Scandanavian literature and I have to say that I wasn't clever enough to grapple with both issues at the same time. Anyway, after a while the police turn up and they were all 'allo 'allo 'allo and how are you today? Nah, they weren't like that at all. They were actually two disturbingly young chaps. So there you have it: the mystery of the woman with the walking stick. A Curvy Kitty case!

7 comments:

Pollyanna_H said...

Well done, girl sleuth!

Sailor Lily said...

I'm feeling a whole new outift coming on for girl sleuth, now what could that involve???
well done!

donnasoowho said...

I seem to remember Nancy Drew parading around in denim shorts and tight singlets... but maybe that's just the sexed up version that I had as a child?

I think you need a 'secret club whistle' or owl hoot or something.

Admin - SBNG said...

Donnasoowho - you had a sexed up Nancy Drew????

How did I miss out on that?????

Admin - SBNG said...

Curvy - good job on tailing The Perp. Caught the blighter red handed you did!

donnasoowho said...

um, maybe cause you weren't in the Nancy Drew demographic?

Admin - SBNG said...

If it was a sexed up Nancy Drew I would have been!