Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy camper

There's been a decided lack of glamour around here lately. I've not watched any films and I've hardly read anything over the last two weeks. What with the Giro d'Italia, the Tour of California (cycling races for the rest of you) and Masterchef I've spent most of my time sitting in front of the telly. I finished some excellent books a while back - a few on the history of the spy novel, my ongoing project, though I think now I've spent more time reading about espionage stories rather than reading the stories themselves. Needless to say, the number of items on my 'to read' list is getting rather long. I also read a book on British propaganda films of WWII (so my 'to watch' list is also growing) and a book on the myths surrounding Britain's memories of the war. But until Masterchef finishes I can't see myself getting back to any of these topics. Not when you consider that the last season of Foyle's War has just started...

On the plus side I did receive two exciting pieces in the mail.

Sage green denim pinafore (known as a jumper in those days but that just confuses people)

Happy camper dress with bakelite buckle. Photographed in the beautiful Californian sunshine.

These are from the lovely Nudee Dudee in California, my new best friend. Made to measure, in vintage or repro fabric. Not as beautifully finished as my sister's work, but it didn't take her a year to do them (still waiting Lola!) I'm saving my pennies for some shirts for work. What do you think of this pattern?


Or this one?
There are plenty more delightful patterns for me to dream of! Seems a shame that I don't know how to sew. It is one of my projects for the end of the year, as I really would like to learn. But I might need to start with something simple, like curtains for the kitchen - which should absolutely horrify Mr C.

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

Love the pinafore - so does it get an outing soon?

Curvy Kitty said...

Just as soon as I get some stockings - which is a saga in itself... Hopefully next week!