Sunday, May 30, 2010

Snappy dresser

My dad came over from Western Australia for the footy this weekend. We hit Batch for breakfast both yesterday and today: avocado and feta mountain with sausages, potato and spinach hash with corned beef, omelette with chorizo and goat's cheese, field mushrooms stuffed with basil and ricotta. Yummo! And I picked up a loaf of their sourdough to take home. Absolutely stuffed full and don't think I'll need to eat again for a long, long time! He always brings over something fancy in a jar and some chocolates, so it's a bit like getting a treat in rationed times. Our fridge becomes full of Italian smallgoods, relishes, pastes, chutneys and pates.

I also had the good fortune to be taken shopping - so now I'm fully provided with stockings and a beautiful pair of woolen high-waisted trousers from Anton's. I had the added bonus of getting a (belated) birthday present from my sister - a lovely lavender skirt and a spearmint green wrap top, both made to 40s patterns. I think I'll try and get the top made in an Hawaiian print for summer, if my sister has the time! She also sent over some wrap dresses, perfect as house coats. So lots of wardrobe action this weekend.

So feeling very spoilt and lucky to be looked after so well by my family.

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

You didn't eat all that food yourself did you? Cause I count like about 3 meals there. Is Antons that crazy place in the top of Melbourne Central?

Curvy Kitty said...

Well we did share them! Anton's = crazy Melb Cent place. Full of lesbians buying suits.