Monday, August 23, 2010

Feeling like a crazy stressed out person

Ok, first up, there are no photos because Mr C has taken the laptop to a bike launch and I don't have any photos on the iPad. I promise you, once I've managed to survive the next few days I'll give you a whole series of blog posts consisting only of photos. In the meantime here's Doris on a bike. What more could you ask for?




Everything in my life seems to be happening at once and while, taken individually, they are all good and positive things, taken in one dose they are rather headache inducing.

Item 1: baby shower
Done! Donna got lots of loot, guests got lots of food, I got out of talking to anyone by making pots of tea and handing round the egg sandwiches. Winners all round! See Miss Donna's blog for pics http://donnasoowho.blogspot.com/2010/08/bebe-shower-extravaganza.html sorry don't know how to put a link in with this app. Will fix it later.

Item 2: interview for secondment position
Thought it was today, turns out it's tomorrow. I'm dreadfully keen but keep having to remind myself that a) I'll be up against external applicants who have most likely done the job before, and b) I've actually got one of the best jobs in the world already.

Item 3: interview for leadership program at state library
I really really really want this. Source of much anxiety.

Item 4: my dad's wedding
Sigh. Perth family really not behaving themselves at the moment. Have asked them why they think I should visit if they can't treat each other nicely. Silence so far. Not the least frustrating thing is that it turns out to be a god damn outside cocktail party - in winter! - so I can't wear my tea dress. If they're going to make me hike all the way across the country they can at least let me look good when I get there. Currently no Plan B.

So I'm not sure why I thought this a good time to watch a Nazi propaganda film.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

Cause it's distracting.

Sailor Lily said...

with a teapot like that and a friend like that to give it to you "all will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well"
say it again.
lil'