Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anniversary!

Last week was the 70th anniversary of the start of the Blitz. But it was also MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I spent the day with my sister shopping for lingerie, seeing a movie at the old Windsor cinema and then out to a Chinese restaurant for dinner.






We went to see Me and Orson Welles, a fluffy bit of nonsense but gorgeous costumes and the fellow who played mighty Orson was astounding.





We used to go to the Myers cafeteria every school holidays for chips and jelly. Here I am making myself sick on egg sandwiches, chips and a spider!





Lots of tofu and prawns! Flying chopsticks!

I got lots of lovely gifts too. Including...





An enamel teapot from the Imperial War Museum in London.





A new satchel!





Ta da! A sewing machine! I got lots of vintage patterns too. I've been practicing stitches and button holes and have made Jack a cape that he is strangely reluctant to wear...





A sugar bowl in the shape of a pineapple. Clearly a must have!






A new toaster!
I also got a new bike from my sweetie. I was looking for a picture of a gift wrapped bike to post but clearly people are too clever to attempt it. I shall be instructing my young man to give it a go when it arrives. I shall NOT be posting pictures of the underwear! Thanks to all for the kind birthday wishes.

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

You made jack a cape?

Curvy Kitty said...

Well it's just a scrap of calico I had lying around! Had tp practice my stitches! Going to start off with musettes.