Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fish and chips and shipwrecks

























Spent an afternoon in Fremantle eating fish and chips with my dad. I then trotted over to the maritime museum which I've always loved. It houses part of the wreck of the Batavia, a Dutch ship that went down off the Abrolhos Islands up the tippy top of WA. It's a pretty gruesome story of mutiny, shipwreck and massacres. See good ole wikipedia for all the nasty details. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batavia_(ship)
(I don't know how to put a link in this app....) So I cheered myself up with a pistachio ice-cream. Then I had a lovely chat with a little old lady who said I looked like I came from The Sullivans!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Proud Womon said...

perhaps you reminded her of lorraine bailey who played Grace? i loved the sullivans!!!

Curvy Kitty said...

I loved the Sullivans! It was my favorite soap. Mrs Sullivan always had the best hats. Loved the floozy in the pub too!