Friday, October 15, 2010

Mr and Mrs Newton

We went to a wedding on the weekend - my friend Penny got married to her young man Dave. Once again, my plans for wearing a frock were scuppered by the lack of sunshine - which is just as well because we were going to Redhill and I'd forgotten that it would be colder up there. It took us a while to get to The Vines Winery, a very pretty little venue out in the country. The ceremony took place in the beautiful gardens and was nice and snappy - Penny is such a practical girl. She wore a simple strapless number and looked absolutely beautiful. I liked her flowers very much, simple bunches of flannel flowers, Geraldton wax and proteas in soft peach, cream and grey tones. We were seated on the cyclists table so the reception was most enjoyable and I got to catch up with some of my old cycling buddies which was really nice. We got very well fed and the bride and groom called it a day in good time. I was very glad to get home because I'd had a little bit of beer and I was sleepy. Little bit sad because the happy couple are moving up to Canberra in a few months.

































- Posted using BlogPress from my



1 comment:

donnasoowho said...

Looks like it was a lovely day!