Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Latest news

Big news at Maison de la Chairman! And no, I'm not talking about our recent spate of underwear thievery! (Apparently this is called snowdropping - bet you didn't know that!) Am somewhat bemused to find that none of MY underwear has been pinched. Probably because it looks like this:





Period perfect passion killers! I would like some Hollywood style frilly, lacy French knickers and have a new lingerie sewing book to help further the cause. I did start making some but ran out of fabric, but that was a pattern that I'd adapted so I don't think that abandoning it is that big a disaster!

Anyway - news:
To quote one of my favorite swing era tunes,'I'm wishing all the boys a big, big bye-bye, 'cause me and my honey are settling down'. My young man has been asking me for some time and I've been dragging my heels. I don't know why. I'd never really imagined getting married. (Except maybe to Lucy Lawless!) I'd rather like to spend the rest of my life with this young man. But a wedding? I dunno. Well it turns out I've changed my mind about weddings. My mum's been counseling me quite frankly that life is short and there's no point in mucking around (ok, she may have expressed it more gracefully, but that's the gist of it). In the light of recent events in Japan, NZ and North Africa, it's important to celebrate happiness while you can (goodness, I sound like a war bride!) Plus mum turned up a ring!

The ring belongs to my Great Aunt Patty, who was a children's author. It arrived at the library in the mail and I popped out from doing the library banking and trotted down to the bike store. 'What do you reckon?' he asked. 'Will I do?' And I'm not really sure now what I said. It's possible that I still haven't said yes yet. But the ring is on and we celebrated by having a cup of tea out the back of the library. Then I had to go finish my cashiering.

No comments: