Monday, April 4, 2011

Pattern frenzy

More pattern shopping. There are 1940s patterns out there selling for $70. It's crazy. So I figured I'd snap up patterns on the cheap while I can. I really should buy some fabric soon, but it's so expensive here.


This is a 1941 pattern. Dolman sleeves like this were popular in the early 40s but dropped off with the war. Thought it would be nice in wool crepe for winter.


Again, I'm looking for a winter outfit so will probably go with bracelet length sleeves. I've never sewn a peplum before and not too sure that it will suit me. If it works I'm hoping I can adapt it for my pansy dress reconstruction.


Love the bow detail! I think this is such a librarian's outfit.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Unfurled said...

Hi! You've won the Sencha Pattern Giveaway on my blog! Please email me with your name and address and I'll put it the mail really soon. Congrats!
xoxo

Curvy Kitty said...

Hoped!

Curvy Kitty said...

Damn you auto correct! I mean yipee!