Sunday, July 24, 2011

Le Tour

Yay Cadel! And hooray it's over because my nerves and stamina weren't going to see me much further. I pretty much got dropped on the first stage and the last week's been too nervous making. We had a friend over last night and there was a lot of shouting at the tv. Good thing our neighbour's a road cyclist too. One more late night and then we can get some much needed rest.

It was also my chap's birthday this weekend and we've been very very busy. Lots and lots of treats! So I didn't get time for reading or DVDs. I'm having some time management issues! This month I was all set to catch up on some minor authors from the Golden Age of detective fiction. I had an enormous stack of books ready. I was also going to take part in a war book /movie readalong (Hiroshima Mon Amour) I think i'm having French New Wave fear so I've been putting off reading and watching it. I'm sure there will be long silences in the movie and it will be very sad and I won't understand it. Then I decided to take part in Paris in July. And now everything's getting a bit out of control.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Vagabonde said...

I am a Tour de France fan and watched it live everyday for the 3 weeks. I am glued to my TV in July then hardly watch anything else the rest of the year. I saw you were from St Kilda. The web says there are 2: one in Scotland and the other in Victoria, Australia. I was looking at Victoria today because of Cadel – we are thinking about taking a holiday in Australia next October. Now I think if we go we’ll fly to Sydney and find some cheap airline (if there are any) to Melbourne as that part of the country looks very pretty. Anyway it was something special hearing the Australian anthem on the Champs Elysees this morning (via TV.) Cadel Evans certainly gave us a memorable Tour this year.

Curvy Kitty said...

It was such an exciting tour! It's just on so late here! Veery proud of Cadel. And how great was Voekler?

I'm in Australia. I love Melbourne, I think it's a lovely city. Quite different to Sydney. Sounds like a great holiday.

donnasoowho said...

I just watched the final stage highlight (I know, a bit late, but after I stayed up for 4 night's in a row I had to get some sleep - and GG's been teething so still pretty tired....). I was saying to Ray I am pretty excited about Cadel winning, but I am interested that I still don't really care for Advance Australia Fair. Just don't get misted up...

There's also a St Kilda in Dunedin. I don't really recommend it though. Well, I"ve never been there...