Monday, August 22, 2011

Springy sprungy

Hurrah! Spring is almost here! Unless winter is just teasing us (in Melbourne it's quite possible). Sunshiny sparkly days that we've spent mucking around on bikes and sitting in the sun drinking coffee. I'm looking at the winter fabric I've got left in my stash and wondering if I can whizz something up or leave it til next year. About now I get excited about spring sewing and the gorgeous repro 30s and 40s prints that are available. My big project over September is to have a go making some bathers.


















I'll be off to Queensland in October and need to look glamorous poolside! which ones do you think?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

donnasoowho said...

Oh goodness I was just going to buy a new swimsuit at target! I do like the little bikini tops.

Vagabonde said...

I like the top one, in the print. I used to sew a lot when my daughters were little – making all their dresses. I made my dresses in the 60s and have so many patterns of that time. They are in a big box and my husband was going to throw them all away. I kept the box but I don’t know why because I would not wear these 1960s dresses anymore – but then you like the 40s look… so I don’t know.

Curvy Kitty said...

Have you thought about selling them online? Not sure how much 1960s patterns go for on etsy or eBay but I reckon people would be interested in them.

Sailor Lily said...

hey Captain Kit

do come and check out 'Swimwear Galore' with me one lunch-break. A five minute walk and you might be pleasantly surprised by some of the retro styles and how engineered they are for lift and tuck!

lily.