Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy birthday to me!!

I turned 38 on Friday. And I officially had the Best Birthday Ever! I love birthdays. In my family it's all balloons and sparklers and excited phone calls at 7 o'clock in the morning. I could barely sleep with excitement! I woke up early, crept out of bed to take a sneak peek at my presents and feed the kitties. I ended up waking Kim early so we could start celebrating. I got the day off work and spent it in my pajamas sewing. I made a start on Operation Bathing Suit, armed with two patterns and an acreage of muslin. Turned on crap tv - I sew better with some undemanding noise. The next thing I knew it was 6pm and i'd made a muslin swim suit. It was actually a lot harder than i thought it would be. Those 40s gals sure had some talent. Not too sure about the fit but that's ok because I have plan b.


I made a muslin of the dress version. I don't think much of the sizing because I had to take over 6 inches from the bodice. Still a bit iffy out which one I'll go with. Not sure i've enough board short fabric to line the dress AND make shorts to wear underneath.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see qa photo!!! You are really going well - 1940s swimsuits are NOT EASY. Just as with the knitting patterns - I think they had more patience and less distractions.
Glad your birthday went well - 'Yay for birthdays' is our motto. We've got two years to save up for Paris!!
Mum