Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Land Army Girl - part 1




Join the Land Army for fun and fitness!

This weekend I was a poster girl for the Land Army, spending the weekend down at mum's place in Bolwarra. That's down the Great Ocean Road near Portland in Western Victoria. I left after work by train. I'd gotten myself in a bit of a tizz and though I started well with a nice chat with a lady who'd grown up in a Communist run internment camp in Croatia before emigrating to Australia, I soon got myself in a right state. Whizzing through the darkness, with nothing to see but your milky reflection in the window, way past my bedtime, explaining to someone that no, I wasn't in fancy dress... Onto the bus, on and on. Arriving in black out conditions in Narrawong. Eventually I was tucked up in bed underneath a mountain of blankets (it's very cold there!) with a hot water bottle. I'd forgotten there were glow in the dark stars on the ceiling and I went to sleep with the Southern Cross at my feet.

The next morning I woke to a cooked breakfast.


Fed the chickens! That's Elsie, Vera and Pizza Head. Guess which chicken is Kim's?


Collected eggs.


Watched out for bombers!


Gave the horses a snack.


All before lunch time!- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look lovely - and what sunny days we had. Thanks for coming and helping out on the Estate. The breakfast photo is making me hungry but it's strawberris and Kiwi fruit from now on!
Mum