Tuesday, February 14, 2012

1930s dress




Made from a late 30s pattern but cut to a more 1940s length. 30s dresses are really long! I took over 7 inches off the hem to make it just below the knees. I hand finished this with invisible stitching which I have to say is my best ever. Buttons are vintage from l'Uccello. Made while I was on my holidays. Very proud. Kim continues to organize his part of the wedding most efficiently. I'm still waiting for fabric samples before I can order my dress. Bit nervous making! And I'm pretty sure Kim is going to look more glamourous than me. Wedding registry is sorted. Must go to florist soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey I was darn distracted this morning but still kept admiring that dress. I should have said so- it's a beaut!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I love the colour. Even your pose is lovely!!!!
They must love you at l'Uccelo.