Thursday, April 12, 2012

Morning tea

My mum and my sister have arrived for the wedding. We went to the gallery for tea: scones and eclairs and cupcakes and delicate savouries. Yum yum! Then a spot of shopping. L'Uccello of course, where I got some buttons for a new dress. A beautiful headpiece with vintage millinery flowers from the antique store next door. I also got an early birthday present which is going to be really hard not to unwrap! A book on 1940s fashion.


Plus I wore a new dress. I really need to take the belt in. I keep making them too loose. I reckon i'm still a pretty calm bride but it's possible my family might push me over the edge! And tomorrow I've an event at the library. What crazy librarian organises a function two days before her wedding? Crikey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well a few days have passed now since this post, and your wedding! Congratulations to you and the chairman, happy days! see you next week Mrs...

Amanda

Anonymous said...

The dress was lovely - and what a scrumptious morning tea. You MUST NOT read the book until September. The headress wasa a love present to wear with a mauve cardigan.
JR