Monday, May 14, 2012

The house of sad

Things are pretty sad and lonely here at Chez Chairman. We miss our Jack cat. Though the big cats are being extremely loving and that's been wonderful. Attempted heartsease: frocks. This is from the Fall Sears catalogue of 1940.











And I learnt a new word - midgie - a short sleeved fitted cardigan. I'm planning a winter wardrobe. Most of it won't work out - we are supposed to be saving after all - but I'm trying to be more organized rather than being swayed by fabrics in Spotlight. - Toodle Pip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could handle a short sleeved fitted cardigan - so search for a pattern. I am practising 'the bobble' this week!!!!
Your green pea and ham soup is the best on the planet.
JR

Curvy Kitty said...

Yay! My very own midgie. Think I've found the perfect pattern:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/77425360/vintage-1940s-pin-up-girl-cardigan