Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oops a daisy!

I took a tumble at work the other day. Ouchy! I tripped over my own feet. In sneakers. Right on Carlisle Street. As I fell the seasoned cyclist in me ( ha ha!) remembered not to put my hands out. No broken collar bones for me thank you very much. I managed to roll - so now I have a sore shoulder, sore knee and sore ankle. And though I'm super achey and not moving very well did I bruise? Not a bit. All I have is a skinned pinky to show for my spectacular fall. But my young man bought me a pick me up present anyway. It's a cycling hanky!


I was going to save it for waving a fond farewell to Melbourne when we head off to The Continent but I think it might be used to wipe away tears of joy as Cadel wins his second Tour de France. (And I got a bunch of flowers which just shows I married the right sort of man!)- Toodle Pip!

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. But it sounds like you did the right thing (Circus OZ may be in touch. And what a wonderful young man you have. He is certainly my favourite Melbourne son-in-law.
JR