Sunday, November 11, 2012

Excuse me, where are my marigolds?




Turns out possums like marigolds. A lot. The Victory Garden is shared with the neighbours and of course Grandma Poss has only eaten the marigolds on our side. She’s also had a nibble on the dill so I’ve had to pop a very vintage cut down fizzy bottle over the top of it. I’m pretty sure that won’t stop hungry possums though. I’ve popped a petunia in a pot out there to see if it will last and it seems to be un-nibbled – so far. As for the crochet - the blasted thing has been undone so many times it's looking a bit sad. And I'm a bit worried that my colour scheme isn't very tasteful. Very make do and mend cheerful. But we are making progress! And here's little monkey face. Three weeks old and now an explorer.


- Toodle Pip!

2 comments:

donnasoowho said...

So cute! Possum's haven't discovered our garden yet... But suspect its only a matter of time.

Curvy Kitty said...

He is soooo tiny! Hopefully soon we'll be able to visit him. Possums are driving me nuts. I want to plant lettuce but figure that will be like putting an all you can eat buffet sign out.