Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Afternoon tea

On the weekend I hosted an afternoon tea with ladies I hadn't seen in a long, long time. JoKasch, Nicolez and little Daisy came to visit and we had cucumber sandwiches, chicken, olive and lemon sandwiches, a hazelnut and cinnamon cake and, because it was super hot, lots of iced lemon barley water. I was so busy chatting I forgot to take action shots!











My new silver tea service! A gift from my mum. I'd hate to have to clean on a Downton Abbey scale but polishing silver is immensely satisfying. You can also see my cherished pineapple sugar bowl, a gift from my sister. And in the second pick you can see my favourite rose patterned vintage plate - a wedding gift from a friend's mother. So lucky to be given such special things! I introduced Daisy to Bugs Bunny and got inspired for a sewing project - more about that when I finish my wedding anniversary dress! - Toodle Pip!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely everything looks. I love the vintage plate even though I can't see it very well. The silver has polished up most impressively. The cake looks wonderful on the stand. At least having company distracts you from the heat. Good luck with w a dress plans.

Curvy Kitty said...

Looked even better with all the food out! Donna's mother in law gave me the plate. I should also take a photo of my new dessert plates. You can just see them peeking out from underneath the serviettes.

Curvy Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curvy Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curvy Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curvy Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donnasoowho said...

Oh I should have shown Margaret the plate! She was just here before. I am inspired to have afternoon tea now. I need to buy some sugar tongs tho...