Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wedding Anniversary Dress

Ideas are brewing for the WAD. But I lack the confidence to get out my pencils and actually start sketching some designs. I had started with the idea do grape vines but found an acorn on my bookshelf the other day. I had picked in up, green with promise, when we had our photos taken in St Vincent's Place. It's now brown and smooth and a thing of beauty. So I got to thinking about oak leaves and acorns in burnished gold. Here's some of my inspiration. The lucious third picture is a Napoleonic era military uniform. Breathtaking work! Mine, of course, will be a lot simpler! Depends on how long it takes me! I also found this, a 1930s sketch for a Schiaperelli outfit by the Andre Fashion Studio, with violet oak leaves and red acorns on a gold lame jacket. Think I'm on the right track! Toodle Pip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How ambitious is this!!!!! It all sounds very autumnal and serene. Good luck.What colour will the dress be? Just go slowly - you have 6 weeks or so to go.
M

Curvy Kitty said...

I know... Bull at the gate!! I was hoping for the russet cour fabric but the postage is more than the fabric cost. I briefly got sidetracked by lilac but think it will end up olive green. Shopping on the weekend to see what's around.

Curvy Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.