Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Eric Ravilious

My latest obsession is British artist Eric Ravilious. He was active during the 30s and 40s, dying tragically young during WW2 during his time as a war artist. He painted images of Sussex and the English countryside...








Images of the soon to vanish High Street...








Images of war...








And crockery for Wedgewood...








You can buy limited edition fine art prints for hundreds of pounds. Or you can say hello Inter Library Loans, colour photocopier and ikea frames! Going to put some up in my bedroom. Toodle Pip!

3 comments:

donnasoowho said...

Love that teapot!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them all. My fave is possibly the countryside ones but the plate looks good. I shall reserch more - is there a book about him? What a deviously cunning person you are; what pics are you getting?????

Curvy Kitty said...

About half a dozen books but they're all around £30 plus postage. Thought I'd do some window shopping with inter library loans first. I'm thinking of some of his countryside ones, though there's a lovely spitfire picture that would look nice. Crockery is superb. You can still find it on eBay, but it's not cheap!