Thursday, May 9, 2013

Goings on




In my mind she was wearing a pixie hood. Remembered wrong! This cutie is Deanna Durbin, who died last week. I bought her entire filmography for the library and had a festival earlier this year. Ah, I love her. Remember my horseshoe western fabric? Found these stetson hat buttons today and now they're on their way to me! Though they're coming US Postal so will probably arrive around Christmas!


And I've just finished a delightful book on the Women's Land Army : Land Girls by Joan Mant. Joan is a bit of an amiable nutter and makes awfully good company. It's largely reminiscences of the ladies and is an absolute treat. Amazing women. - Toodle Pip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the western theme.
DD had a long life. She was so sweet wasn't she.ust check out some movies. Steve said that Churchill was a big fan and called her ' a formidable talent'.!
M

Curvy Kitty said...

She was one of Churchill's favourite actresses. Anne Frank loved her too. I think she's adorable. She comes across as really sweet.